You are a member of the POA if you own property in the KEYS. The POA helps us maintain a fleet of algae boats and provide other services that would otherwise not exist. The annual membership assessment is only $51 with variable COLA adjustments.
Here are some important facts about the POA:
- Membership in POA entitles you to vote on issues affecting your property, and entitles you to select the Directors who represent you.
- The Board of Directors meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month, starting at 6:00 pm but varies (see Calendar) at the Keys Club, 12980 Lakeland Street, Clearlake Oaks. The meeting is open to the property owners.
- A general membership meeting is held four times a year.
- We have a group of volunteers who deliver hand bills to your door to notify you of important upcoming events.
- We have an established Neighborhood Watch program.
- We publish a Newsletter four times a year that keeps you current on important issues that affect you.
- We maintain a website that provides timely information about events and issues.
- Twice a year we have free trash clean-ups scheduled.
- We maintain a fleet of algae boats that operate six or more months during the year to keep the 6 1/2 miles of canals free of algae and other undesirable vegetation.
- We have rights to a private boat ramp.
- We sponsor a Fourth of July Boat Parade
- There is a Ladies Craft Group. Their creations are sold, some of the proceeds are donated as contributions for POA activities and community support.
Unlike large metropolitan areas, many services, such as maintenance of the canals, must be performed by volunteers, and must be funded by contributions. For this reason, as a property owner, you can help protect your investment by joining and becoming active in the POA.